Sunday, November 23, 2008

Operation Christmas Child Boxes

Our church is packing up boxes for a mission that gives them to children in need all over the world. We take home a little shoe box, fill it with toys, and take it to church where they give them to the mission. Colby and I went and got some things for a 2-4 year old boy and for a 5-9 year old girl. Socks, under ware, toys, school supplies, toothbrushes, toothpaste, ect. As Colby was packing hers, she told me that she was going to take some of the things that we purchased for the boxes, out of the boxes and go get some of her own toys to give to them. I thought that was so sweet, so I let her do it. A few minutes later, she came downstairs with two little stuffed puppies. She asked me which one I thought she should put in her box. I told her which one I liked the best, and she leaned to my ear and said, "No matter which one I give them, I still going to be proud of myself". Me too. Me too.

No comments: