Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Casting Crowns Christmas Special

Casting Crowns filmed a Christmas special last night at the Trinity Broadcasting Network. You know that channel - it has the woman with the blue hair and the plastic man who are always really dramatic about their books and praying for people. I think they're insane - but that's where it filmed. We happen to live right across the road from it. The concert was free, and I really love them. . . . so I went by myself. John stayed with the babies. It airs on Thanksgiving Day.

They had Avalon, Natalie Grant, Max Lucado and Denver and The Mile High Orchestra with them. It was a little weird to be talking about Christmas and singing Christmas songs - but I still liked it. Natalie Grant belted out a really great version of O Holy Night! Man can that little girl sing! At the end, Casting Crowns sang a couple of their popular songs - and they were AMAZING!!!!! I've loved them from the minute I heard them. Then, at the end, many of the singers hung around for people to get pictures made with. Max Lucado didn't. He wasn't very warm or kind at all at the end. He looked like he'd rather be anywhere else but there. Kind of hacked me off. Casting Crowns hung around until the very last person had spoken to them. They were the kindest, most gracious people I've seen. I happen to have been one of the last people there. I wanted to tell their alto singer how wonderful she is. Her voice adds so much depth to all of their songs . . . . so I stayed to tell her. She had already left by the time I got up front - so I told their lead singer to deliver my message to her. He said he would. I hope he did.

Oh - in the middle, they had this little group called PureNRG come out. It's these three little kids who are doing flips all over the place and singing some Christmas song at the same time. I think it might have been the weirdest thing I've ever seen. I hope the camera wasn't on me during that, because I'm pretty sure I never closed my mouth. So weird. All the kids loved it. I didn't know there were going to be kids there - I wish I had taken Colby. She would have loved it.

Ahhh - one more thing. I put my name in a raffle and won a Casting Crowns Christmas c.d. Cool.

No comments: