Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Colby's first tooth

This is a picture of Colby's tooth. The first one she's ever lost. Wow. That little guy had been hanging on by just a little string since last night. She didn't want anyone to pull it or touch it. Of course. Then I made up this story about Auntie K calling me and telling me that she used to tie a string around her loose teeth and just pull the string a little bit at a time until it came out. Colby thinks Auntie K's cool - so after dinner she decided to do what K did. We all sat in the floor of my bedroom and John tied a little string around that loose tooth. She pulled very gently for a minute and then decided that she just wanted the string off. Plan enters my head. I tell her I'm going to get the string off of her tooth. While I'm trying - I pulled. There it came. She thinks it just fell out when I was getting the string off. Cool. Never seen her so excited.
She said I could take a picture and then she started naming off all of the people I could show it to. Mimi and Papa, Lala and Auntie K, Big John and Ms. Susanne. Ok. lol.

There's the little floss string used to pull her first tooth.

Of course she had to immediately get on the phone and tell everyone!

I took her up to bed. I was asking her something about school when she said, "I don't know. I can't remember anything about what happened today. You know why? Because of this baby right here"! She was pointing with her thumbs to her tooth. lol. lol. lol.
Then she tells me that she wants me to do the same thing to her 3 other loose teeth. I told her that I didn't want to do it. She put her hand on my face and said so sincerely - "why? It's part of growing up". WHAT THE HECK?! SHE'S SIX - NOT 36!!!! lol.
Now I've just got to find out what the going rate for a tooth is these days. When I was little - it was a solid 50 cents. lol.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: